Whether you have a small or a large living room, the sofa is one of the most important pieces of furniture in it. Not only it creates a space for your guests to come and sit there and have a chat with you, but it also defines the look of the room that you use to carry out those lengthy conversations with your friends. However, many homeowners complain about the fact that their sofas take up a lot of space and they try to come up with ways in which they can remedy this. Either they come up with the idea of using smaller chairs or give up the concept of using sofas or chair altogether and go for beam bags or other seating arrangements that can be created on the carpet floor.
- Most interior design firms in Bangalore would recommend using the sofa though, since it fulfills a lot of aesthetic as well as practical functions. However, one always has the option of making the sofa look more interesting and beautiful as this can certainly improve the appearance of the drawing room. There are a number of cool beautifying ideas that you can try out to make your sofa area look more appealing and make the most of the space that you have got. Here is a list of some of them.
- One of the best ways to beautify your sofa area is to focus on the texture of the colours that are used in them. While cream and white shades look great on any given day, you can certainly mix and match them with more contrasting textures in case you feel that they are too similar with each other. The look of contrasting shades not only looks striking and visually interesting but it also helps to add a lot of depth to your living room. Moreover, textured pillows naturally exude a more soft and luxurious feeling. Such a sofa can naturally encourage a person to sit and relax there.
- Secondly, combine a pair of pillows or multiple pairs of pillows with contrasting styles together. For instance, you can choose a pair of beautifully patterned pillows and put them together with a pair of non-patterned pillows. Make sure that you arrange them in a neat order. In order to come up with a clean look, you can put the solid pillow as a background and the patterned pillow right in the front so that they can be noticed by everyone. This is certainly going to make your cream or white sofa look more dynamic and vivid.
- You can also experiment with the color and design of the throw pillows that you use to adorn your sofa areas. Simply play with different colours and what you will have is a nice sofa area that will make your drawing room an interesting place to be in. You can use two different shades that just complement each other. The contrasting color schemes can emerge as a beautiful accent for your sofa and/or chair. You can also choose to mix throw pillows that come in diverse shapes and sizes.
- There are also a number of stores from where you can get throw pillows created in kitsch designs. These pillows do not cost too much but they can be an excellent addition to your personal drawing room area. Since they come in a wide range of styles and designs, you can be endlessly creative when you choose to use kitsch pillows for your sofa set.
- While many people only prefer to have one single sofa set for their drawing room, you can also combine it with multiple sofa chairs that will simply add to the depth and elegance of your living area. These sofas can come in a wide range of finishes and colours for you to try on. You can opt for a shade that best complements the general décor of your living room.