Safe, secure, fast, and reliable internet connection can make the process of NETGEAR Extender Setup much easier than we think. If there are people in your house who often stream videos, go for online shopping, play games online, fast and unstoppable internet access without buffering or signals breakage would be important.
Get the best internet access at home by using the following tips
- Configuration of a Range Extender
Setting up a range extender is not piece of cake that everyone can grab it. It is the most difficult task if done by yourself without the guidance of our finest technicians.
- The range extender should be configured out of the reach of public WiFi.
- Use the latest firmware of router so that you can physically connect it with your range extender.
- Turn off all the interference creating obstructions like treadmill, microwave, cordless phones, and Bluetooth speaker during the process of installation.
- Clear all the browsing history, cache, and cookies from your computer and then connect it with your range extender.
- After that, you are prompt to open a web browser by typing mywifiext into field of the address bar.
- Fill the default details for NETGEAR Extender Login.
Ask our experts the valuable advice related to NETGEAR Extender Support, login details for mywifiext.net on toll-free number 1-884-689-9966.
- Update your Internet Items
Your every WiFi device will notify you when an update is available. Avoiding updates will affect your internet and reduce its speed by 20%. Make sure that all your wireless devices are up-to-date.
- Reduce the Rate of your Connected Devices
If you actually want to increase the speed of your internet, you have to minimize the number of devices that are connected to your network. Such devices can be from your neighborhood or of those relatives and friends who often visit you.
To save your bandwidth from unauthorized traffic, set a limit for guest access and create an extra strong password of about 16 characters.
- Disable Interference Creating Internet Items
Another main cause for a slow internet access would be devices in your home that carry the same frequency. It is strictly recommended to place your router out of the reach of such devices or to turn them off when not in use.
Another main cause that ruins your bandwidth and affect the speed of your internet are those third-party applications running silently and consume background data. To increase the reach of your WiFi range, we need you to disable or put to sleep such heavy applications when not in use.
- Change your Router’s Channel Number
Almost every router in today’s modern era includes 2.4GHz band (standard for wireless communication) and 5GHz band accommodates faster downloads and less interference). If your latest technology of router has 5GHz, then it will prevent interference from other (third-party) internet connected items active nearby you.
Contact us and ask for NETGEAR Helpline and instant guidelines for NETGEAR Router Setup.