Water slides add an extra charm to any residential pool. However, the most challenging part is the cleaning and the maintenance of the slides. If proper care and repairs are done on time, any water slide will function smoothly for years without any hassles. It may be noted here that pool slides often gather dirt and dust rapidly. A regular clean-up will help the glossy finish of the slide to stay that way. Here we shall discuss about the cleaning part and what tips to be taken into consideration regarding its maintenance and water slide restoration.
- Don’t use an abrasive cleaner to clean the pool slide
- A dish soap and a small cloth are a good option
- For deeper cleaning, a granulated chlorine power be can used
- Don’t scrub too vigorously
- Windex is good to polish slide surfaces and aluminum ladders
- Formula 409 and Fantastik are other household cleaners that are effective
- Abrasive scrubbers are not advised
- Lysol, Pinesol, and vinegar should be avoided
- Use a plastic polish to keep the ladder’s sheen and fill in the scratches
- Take a 5 gallon bucket of water
- Use a floating bucket
- Spray a cleaner down the entire slide
- Wipe with a lint-free cloth
- Dip new rag into water and wipe again
- Use plastic polish to cover cracks and scratches
- Buff out the polish with a clean lint-free cloth
- Allow to dry
- Rinse slide well
- It is very essential to winterize the pool because extreme temperature and freezing water may affect the slides adversely
- It is important that the people using the slide should be as per the weight range as mentioned in the pool manual or as stated by the pool consultant.
- If the pool is a saltwater pool, an indoor pool or a pool near the ocean, it needs immediate rinsing after use. This prevents the formation of salt and scale buildup.
To sign off
Evidently, with the proper and timely cleanliness and maintenance of any residential water slide, the same can be retained in good conditions for many years to come. Make sure to keep these tips in mind and get a long lasting water slide that delivers optimal performance.